Kstudio present a new version of Project Manager with great capability to interactive rendering of FBX, OBJ, 3DS and other such 3d files.
Project Manager version 2.94.12
Now there is no need to render previews for such files – when opening a folder with this type of 3D content, previews will be automatically generated for them.
If you need to consider the model in more detail, you can open it in a separate 3D viewport of Project Manager.
Improvements for materials and more
Also in the menu added the ability to export materials from the 3ds max files to separate material library.
Kstudio hope you will find useful an ability to set a custom thumbnail for materials.
And little spoiler about 3rd version. In the 3rd version, the ability to specify a custom preview will be more convenient and possible for almost any type of asset.
The problem with placing models in complex scenes at objects in 3ds Max version 2016 or lower has been solved.
Also is solved a problem with the creation of IES photometric lights in recent versions of Redshift and Octane renderers.
New features and fixes for Project Manager
– Adds an ability to interactive rendering preview for FBX, OBJ, 3DS and other such 3d files
– Adds an ability to preview the FBX, OBJ, 3DS and other such 3d models in separate additional 3d-viewport of Project Manager
– Adds an ability to export 3ds Max files to material library files ( menu-item “Export to:” => “Material Library”)
– Adds an ability to set custom thumbnail for materials ( menu-item “Thumbnail” => “Set Custom Thumbnail”)
– Fixes an issue with creating Redshift IES lights
– Fixes an issue with creating Octane IES lights
– Fixes an issue with exporting 3D files to another formats through menu-item “Export to:”
– Fixes an issue with slow placing objects in 3ds Max 2012-2016 using the ‘Object Place&Paint’ tool with “Paint on Nodes” option
– Fixes a minor issue with merging the 3d model by double-click
– Fixes an issue with annoying message of Archvision RPC plugin at start
– Fixes a potential bug with filtering of files
– Fixes an issue with copying files from windows explorer to Manager through clipboard
Read more at Kstudio